Style: Beach, Seclusion, Wellness
About: The St. Regis Punta Mita is set on a gorgeous, white sand beach on Mexico’s Pacific side. This is your go-to for unsurpassed luxury and opulence, including world class butler service for each discerning guest. Their iconic palm tree lined, Reflecting Pool welcomes you on arrival as it expands out to the ocean and gives you a taste of just how gorgeous the rest of the property is going to be. Punta Mita is a great base for scuba diving, whale watching and exploring the Marietas Islands, a National Park boasting exotic flora and fauna.
Rooms: Offering 120 contemporary and exquisite accommodations, each room has the signature St. Regis butler service. You have the option of deluxe rooms, suites, and villas for up to 6 people. I strongly recommend that your family book the spacious and luxurious villas, which feature private pools and will put you directly on the beach.
Pool/Gym: The resort offers three infinity pools with private cabana service. There is an adults only pool and a family pool, which has pool toys and floaties for the children. They have a state of the art fitness center, private beach club, tennis courts, and two Jack Nicklaus signature golf courses. Plus, this property is nestled next to the mountains, so there are lots of active things to do in the area.
Restaurants: The St. Regis offers five delicious dining options that are sure to please everyone in the family.
- My favorite is Mita Mary Boat Bar, which is right on the beach so you can put your toes in the sand as you nosh on freshly caught and prepared seafood and sip on a cold beverage.
- Sea Breeze is their casual beach club style restaurant open for lunch and dinner.
- Las Marietas overlooks the family pool, perfect for breakfast and lunch.
- Carolina is a AAA Five Diamond Award restaurant serving modern Mexican cuisine for dinner.
- Altamira Cantina is a nod to traditional Mexican cantinas, which translates to adults only time. Thankfully, The St. Regis has babysitting services on site!
Spa: Remède Spa makes The St. Regis a perfect wellness destination. Featuring fifteen treatment rooms, a sauna, steam room, salon, Jacuzzi, cold plunge pools, and a children’s spa, there are so many reasons to spend every day here. Their cabana-style relaxation gardens are the place to unplug and recharge. They also offer a Spa Dining Menu featuring healthy food and beverages.
Kids: The St. Regis has spared no detail when it comes to providing a customized experience for every member of the family. The Family Traditions at St. Regis Program offers family friendly activities, experiences, and amenities. The kids get to feel like a VIP too, with turndown treats, child-sized robes and slippers, and many other unique services. La Tortuga Children’s Club offers fun filled activities for kids between the ages of 5-12.
Wheelchair accessibility: This hotel is committed to making their facilities, amenities and services accessible to guests with disabilities.
ACCESSIBLE PUBLIC SPACES
- Public entrance
- Service animals welcome
- Accessible route from public entrance to registration
- Accessible route from public entrance to guest rooms
- Accessible route from public entrance to restaurant
- Accessible route from public entrance to meeting room/ballroom
- Accessible route from public entrance to fitness center
- Accessible route from public entrance to swimming pool
- Accessible route from public entrance to business center
- Registration desk
- Valet parking
- Business center
ACCESSIBLE GUEST ROOMS
- Roll-in showers
- Bathtubs with grab bars
- Transfer showers
- Mobility-accessible doors with at least 32 inches of clear door width
- Portable tub seats
Clarifying Note: Certain areas of the hotel are not fully accessible to guests with disabilities.
- Concierge desk
- Fitness center
- Swimming pool
*To access the beach area, there are beach wheelchairs for rent with a local company and they will deliver the chair to the hotel.
Why you should go: Punta Mita is an exclusive development and is less touristy than it’s neighbor, Puerto Vallarta. This gives the resort a secluded feeling and a more authentic experience. The St. Regis is a great place for active travelers who want an immersive cultural experience, as they offer classes for salsa dancing, guacamole making, Spanish speaking, piñata making, and other local immersion experiences. Just a short drive or boat ride to Sayulita will place you in a laid back surfer town with colorful streets, interesting shops, and beachfront restaurants and cantinas.
Tips: Travel here from December to March for some of the world’s most spectacular humpback whale-watching opportunities.
True North Amenities:
- Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
- Daily full breakfast, for up to two in room guests
- $100 USD Equivalent Spa Services credit, to be utilized during stay
- Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability
Getting there: Fly into Puerto Vallarta (PVR) and take a 40 minute transfer north to The St. Regis Punta Mita.